Careers in Criminal Defence Law
We offer opportunities to the most promising lawyers and legal support staff in NSW, ACT and WA. As market leaders in the industry, we proudly elevate the standard expected of professionals operating in this difficult area of the law.
Mentoring and supporting our lawyers and staff is at the heart of what we do. Sharing our knowledge allows each of our team members to learn and grow. We love receiving positive feedback about our lawyers from clients, other members of the profession and the judiciary.
At Hugo Law Group you will be surrounded by smart, honest, ambitious people who work hard to get the best outcomes for our clients. You will have access to competitive employee benefits and training, and the opportunity to practice across NSW, ACT and WA.
An exciting opportunity is available for an experienced lawyer with 2-5 years’ PAE in criminal law to join the Canberra office of a growing national criminal law firm.
Hugo Law Group is a specialist criminal defence firm and market leader in the industry, providing exceptional representation to people facing serious criminal charges. With offices in Canberra, Sydney and Perth, we are one of the Australia’s fastest growing criminal law firms.
Hugo Law Group takes pride in prioritising the continued training, mentoring and development of our lawyers. We surround ourselves with smart, energetic and ambitious people who work hard to get the best possible outcome for our clients.
The firm is committed to affording our lawyers all the time and resources needed to meet each case we take on, including briefing the best criminal law barristers in the country.
We are looking for an experienced lawyer with 2-5 years’ PAE in criminal law to join our Canberra team.
The successful applicant will need to have:
- A strong interest in practicing criminal law
- Extensive experience appearing as solicitor advocate in summary proceedings including pleas, defended hearings and bail applications
- Experience instructing Counsel in complicated matters including trials and appeals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to analyse and provide advice in respect of complicated matters
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously in a busy team
- Willingness to mentor and assist other lawyers in the practice
- Dedication and determination to provide a high level of service to clients and to build their own client base.
In return for your expertise, enthusiasm and professionalism you will:
- Receive a competitive salary, which will be commensurate with your level of experience
- Work closely with some of the most highly regarded solicitors and barristers in Canberra, Sydney and Perth
- Be joining a dynamic, exciting and growing criminal law firm with a highly enthusiastic and team-based culture
- Receive ongoing training and excellent mentorship
- Have the opportunity to progress in your career.
Applications close at 5pm on 31 July 2023. All applications will be dealt with on a strictly confidential basis.
We encourage you to apply as and when advertised positions appear above. If there are no positions currently advertised but you would like to be considered for a future position, we invite you to send a covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.